Thursday 21 April 2011

A wee Metaxa anyone?

Metaxa - the drink of the Gods is a distilled spirit. As I have been frequenting Christos a lot of late and am eagerly looking forward to my holiday to Kephalonia I have had one or two wee Metaxas recently.  Metaxa comes in five major varieties: Three Stars, Five Stars, Seven Stars, Twelve Stars and the Grand Reserve. The number of stars represents the number of years the blend is matured. The five star is notably drier, making the alcohol more pronounced. The seven and twelve star are more flavoursome and complex, while the twelve is again more dry because there is no addition of wine. The Grand Reserve is the most expensive and difficult to find.
I previously liked the five but have become a fan of the seven. I am planning to get some twelve and hopefully Grand Reserve on my holiday. My top tip for a yummy nightcap is chocolate milk and Mextaxa - a good night sleep guaranteed.  Στην Υγεια Μας! 

No comments:

Post a Comment